Monday, March 1, 2010

What?!?

I was in the car with Sam the other day when he asked me, "Mom, what are yard apes?" "What?!?" He asked me again, "What are yard apes?"

I said, "Sam, that is a really bad term for black people."
"What?!?"
"Yes, some people refer to black people as yard apes."
"Why?!?"
"Because it's their ignorant way to put down anyone who is different than themselves."
"Okay..." "But why are they for sale?"
"What?!?"
"That sign says they are for sale."
I look over to see a sign;
YARD EGGS FOR SALE

2 comments:

Grace Family said...

that is hilarious!! thanks for making me laugh... i know i can always count on you!

Laura said...

Crossed questions and crooked answers - that SO sounds like a conversation that could be heard in my car. It makes me feel good knowing I'm not the only one! ;-)